Shop Grrls

Thursday, March 30, 2006

This is the beginning, the beginning of our story

Woo! Shop Critters is online! I guess we should start by introducing ourselves. Or I could just start by introducing the others. Or I could start with me. Whatever.

I'm Squirrel. In the sense that this whole mess was originally my dream, I'm the boss. Except, not really. Dragon and Butterfly are just as much in this for the long haul as I am. As I often say at conventions, we are three sole proprietorships pretending to be a limited partnership. Someday, I want that "pretending" part to be real.

What we really are is three young women who have a dream. Someday, we want to own our own shop. And in that shop, we want to be able to sell all of the fabulous and wonderful things that we and our numerous crafty friends make. In the meantime, we are attending conventions all over the country, getting our business together one step at a time, and occasionally even having fun doing it.

So why are we here? Well, for one thing, we've all got tons of stories from the conventions we go to. And I for one want to have a record someday of those stories. For another, I want us to be able to share with each other and our friends the sorts of things that go on at these conventions. And finally, while we all have personal blogs in other places, I wanted to create a place where we would have at least a little annonymity. After all, it's easier to be funny when you don't have to worry about people getting cheesed off at you for saying them.

~Squirrel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home